Behavioral Health Consultant | Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) | Northern Michigan
This location is the picture of natural beauty, full of lakes, streams, woods and wetlands there are outdoor adventures a plenty during every season! If you’re ready to have a better work-life balance, this place couldn’t be more perfect with a slower pace of life, and a city filled with friendly locals that will make you feel instantly welcome! Combine that with an excellent cost of living, exceptional schools, and outstanding tax rates and you have a great place to put down roots.
The BHC will provide consultations for individuals, couples, and / families including:
• Functional and strength-based assessment and diagnosis
• Psychoeducation for patients and their support systems
• Medication adherence counseling and disease self-management consulting
• Motivational interviewing to develop behavioral strategies aimed as symptom reduction
• Brief problem solving cognitive intervention aimed at modifying negative thinking and promoting self-efficacy
• Self-Care plan development and skills training to facilitate disease self-management, improved coping, distress tolerance, stress reduction, and relaxation
• Substance use/abuse evaluation, identification of maladaptive coping strategies, and development of harm reduction strategies
• Provide quality psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation
• Experience working with patients who have co-occurring mental health, substance abuse, and physical health problems
• Skill and expertise in conducting group and individual psychoeducational classes and brief, short-term therapy strategies that will help strengthen the patients overall physical and mental health
• Experience with Charting - including assessments, treatments plans, progress notes, quarterly reviews, discharge summary and billing
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA and RHC regulations
• Experience with Crisis Intervention and staff management and preparedness in the event of a psychiatric emergency
• Experience with formulating comprehensive risk assessment and safety plans
• Able to formulate, develop and implement a comprehensive psychosocial treatment plan utilizing appropriate clinical treatments and interventions
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.