Physician Billing Manager | Hospital – Corporate Office | Alabama
Complex Surgery Experience in a Multi-Specialty Physician Group is Required
We are Seeking a Candidate with Proven Process & Procedural Development Skills - A Strategic Minded Manager & Leader
RECAPTURE THE PASSION FOR WHAT-YOU-DO BY UPGRADING WHERE-YOU-DO-IT
This facility is a highly regarded nonprofit healthcare provider with a passion for excellence in the delivery of healthcare services combined with an unwavering dedication to their employees. There is a genuine trust, friendship, and professional pride that is apparent from just walking down the halls. The organization is making large investments / strides towards implementing state-of-the-art technologies. There has never been better time to join this expanding and thriving organization.
This location combines natural beauty, history, and adventure! Excellent cost of living, close access to mountains and beaches, an evolving food scene, live music and sporting events, science exploration, and celebrated historical sites and museums come together to create the perfect place to live, work, and play!
This high-profile position reports to a dynamic and supportive System CBO Director. There are 32 FTEs in the Department. Coding falls under another department however the Physician Billing Manager will interface with that team on a regular basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Daily operations of the Physician Billing Services Department
• Investigating and resolving all outstanding patients and or insurance account balances
• Responding to medical/legal inquiries regarding emergent patient care issues and loss control
• Selecting and retaining staff
• Supervising the Professional Billing Representatives, Payment Posters, and Patient Financial Services Representatives
• Utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to evaluate and achieve key objectives
• Monitoring and managing team resources to ensure a consistent level of performance, maintaining their time and attendance, meeting with each practice to communicate on results monthly, training and reporting on quality assurance
• Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
• Keeps up to date with health care practices, laws and regulations related to insurance claims filing procedures and trends through participation in professional development activities
• Two or four-year degree preferred, healthcare revenue cycle management experience may be substituted for a degree
• A minimum of three (3) years direct physician billing / collecting / customer service or hospital billing; billing experience for a group of multi-specialty physicians would be ideal
• Proven supervisory or managerial experience
• Knowledge of third party payers to include working with healthcare insurance companies to resolve payment issues
• RHIA, RHIT and/or CCS-P or CPC certification preferred but not required
• Dedication to treating both internal and external constituents as clients and customers, maintaining a flexible customer service approach and orientation that emphasizes service satisfaction and quality
• Skilled in the use of various computer/PC system and Windows
• A demonstrated ability to use PC based office productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel) as necessary; general computer skills necessary to work effectively in an office environment
• Experience with Cerner Ambulatory a plus
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.