Physician Practice Billing Manager | Hospital Operated | Southeastern, US
We are seeking a candidate with proven process & procedural development experience. A strategic minded manager & leader that can balance priorities, work well with physician practices & hospital management while directing staff to improve A/R (accounts receivable) collections. Work experience with complex surgery/multi-specialty physician groups is required.
RECAPTURE THE PASSION FOR WHAT-YOU-DO BY UPGRADING WHERE-YOU-DO-IT
Our client is ranked among the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals based on measures of overall organizational performance, patient care, operational efficiency, and financial stability. They were also ranked in the top 15 Health Systems nationwide. The organization credits their success to visionary leadership, a hospital-wide culture of excellence and openness to adopting new technologies and techniques. This highly regarded Level II Trauma Center is TJC Accredited and is well-respected for its deep roots in the community.
Located in the heart of the South, the area offers colorful falls, mild winters, and excellent proximity to the Gulf Coast and the mountains. The city is filled with historical landmarks, performing arts centers, excellent choices of colleges and schools as well as sporting activities and dining options to keep even the most active resident very happy.
This high-profile position reports to a dynamic and supportive System CBO Director. There are 32 FTEs in the Department. Coding falls under another department, however, the Physician Billing Manager will interface with that team on a regular basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Daily operations of the Physician Billing Services Department
• Investigating and resolving all outstanding patients and or insurance account balances
• Responding to medical/legal inquiries regarding emergent patient care issues and loss control
• Selecting and retaining staff
• Supervising the Professional Billing Representatives, Payment Posters, and Patient Financial Services Representatives
• Utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to evaluate and achieve key objectives
• Monitoring and managing team resources to ensure a consistent level of performance, maintaining their time and attendance, meeting with each practice to communicate on results monthly, training and reporting on quality assurance
• Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
• Keeps up to date with healthcare practices, laws, and regulations related to insurance claims filing procedures and trends through participation in professional development activities
• A minimum of three (3) years direct physician billing / A/R collections/customer service for multi-specialty physician’s practices
• RHIA, RHIT, and / or CCS-P or CPC certification preferred but not required
• Proven supervisory or managerial experience
• Knowledge of third-party payers to include working with healthcare insurance companies to resolve payment issues
• Dedication to treating both internal and external constituents as clients and customers, maintaining a flexible customer service approach and orientation that emphasizes service satisfaction and quality
• Skilled in the use of various computer/PC system and Windows
• A demonstrated ability to use PC based office productivity tools (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel) as necessary; general computer skills necessary to work effectively in an office environment
• Experience with Cerner Ambulatory a plus
• Minimum high school graduate or GED, Associates or Bachelor’s preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.