Interim Infection Preventionist | Consultant | Subject Matter Expert | Ambulatory Clinic System | Washington, DC
This system has received numerous awards and accolades by third party organizations and operates with a solid focus on quality. Employees are more like family and really strive to help one another. The staff are known for providing great care and contributing to a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
The location couldn’t be more ideal, there are outdoor activities, sporting events and cultural events to keep even the most active visitor very happy. What's more in just a short car ride, weekend adventures can bring you closer to historical treasures, the seashore, amazing restaurants, and unparalleled shopping. After all, it’s Washington DC in the summer!
• Reports to the Director of Infection Prevention
• Enables policies and guideline approval processes and communication
• Manages the policies/guideline process
• Train IPs on improvement tools and methods
• Support ambulatory clinic staff with regard to medical equipment and HLD (High Level Disinfection)
• Anticipates changes to practice and makes recommendations for improvement strategies/tactics
• Keeps IPs updated on new or emerging issues/diseases
• Partners with IP work groups to develop clinical best practices, leading work plans to improve HAI especially related to scorecard to improve performance
• Meets regularly with Director of IP and managers to set priorities and resolve issues
• Registered Nurse with Active DC RN license preferred
• Minimum 5+ years of acute care infection prevention & hospital epidemiology experience
• Some very localized travel required (approx. 30 minutes) but most clinics are within walking distance from one another
• Certified Infection Control (CIC) required
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for housing of your choice and incidentals expenses
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.