Director of Finance / Assistant Controller | CMA or CPA | Greater Atlanta Area
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program
Are you a forward looking transitional leader?
Our client offers employees a unique, performance-based culture where each employee is rewarded commensurate with their individual performance, the performance of their team, and the success of the company overall. They promote a culture of professional collaboration, teamwork, camaraderie, and promotion from within. The organization operates as best-in-class within their areas of specialization.
The ideal candidate will be most comfortable working in a formal, highly professional corporate office environment – the organization represents a stable of multi-billion-dollar clientele. This position requires an individual with a unique blend of finance expertise combined with superb skills in communication, presentation, people management, relationship building, and an individual that projects executive presence. The selected individual will be interacting with and presenting to C-Level Executives, Board Members, Select Committees, and related Stakeholders. Simply put, we are seeking a unique individual that has rubber-hits-the-road expertise in finance combined with a genuine heads-up aptitude for people management, building key relationships, and thinking/performing strategically.
• Manages accounting functions, including cash balancing, general ledger account reconciliations, and monthly close
• Leads financial reporting functions, including monthly budget and forecast, cash flow, investment, and premium reports for internal and external purposes
• Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable, including premium billing and reinsurance billing
• Manages the claims payment function, including review and approval of all claims payments
• Manages outsourced internal control function and annual internal controls testing engagement
• Manages financial statement audit
• Reviews and prepares tax provision and works with tax consultants on tax strategy and execution
• Backfills the Sr. Director of Finance responsibilities as necessary when business demands warrant
• Assists with process improvement strategies for all accounting functions
• Performs special projects on an as needed basis
• Master’s Degree preferred
• 5-7 years’ current work experience in accounting or finance with increasing responsibility and management experience
• Designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or actively working toward a CPA or an active Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of corporate finance, financial statement analysis and key financials metrics
• Superb intellectual and quantitative analysis capabilities; extreme attention to detail, excellent communication, presentation and project management skills - results driven
• Proven administrative and organizational skills
• Desired but not required; current experience and knowledge of financial services industry (insurance, banking, accountancy, investment firms, stock brokerages, consumer-finance, credit-card, credit unions)
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.