Director of Finance | Insurance – Financial Services Industry | Greater Atlanta Area
Galileo Search, LLC is conducting a greater Atlanta based search for a Director of Finance. Our client is a highly successful, one hundred employee private company, in the financial services / insurance industry that is wholly owned by its insureds.
• Manages accounting functions including cash balancing, general ledger account reconciliations, and monthly close
• Will manage a staff of four (Sr. Staff Accountant, Staff Accountant, Claims Payment Coordinator, Accounting Clerk - Finance Department consists of 14 total employees)
• Leads financial reporting functions, including monthly budget and forecast, cash flow, investment, and premium reports for internal and external purposes
• Manages accounts payable / accounts receivable, including premium billing and reinsurance billing
• Manages the claims payment function, including review and approval of all claims payments
• Manages outsourced internal control function and annual internal controls testing engagement
• Manages financial statement audit
• Reviews and prepares tax provision and works with tax consultants on tax strategy and execution
• Backfills the Senior Director of Finance responsibilities as necessary when business demands warrant
• Assists with process improvement strategies for all accounting functions
• Performs special projects on an as needed basis
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Current designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or an active Certified Management Accountant (CMA) are REQUIRED
• Strong knowledge and understanding of corporate finance, financial statement analysis, key financials metrics, and reporting
• Superb intellectual and quantitative analysis capabilities; extreme attention to detail, excellent communication, presentation and project management skills - results driven
• Proven administrative and organizational skills
• Highly desired but not required: current experience and knowledge of financial services industry (insurance, banking, accountancy, investment firms, stock brokerages, consumer-finance, credit-card, credit unions)
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.