Director of Finance / Assistant Controller | CPA or CMA Required | Greater Atlanta Georgia Area
Are you at that point in your career where you are considering a career move to a more promotable environment, where you can navigate at higher-levels within the organization, lead a team, and build strong organization-wide relationships?
Do you have:
• A minimum of 7 – 10 years of solid/progressive finance and accounting experience; ideally in the financial services industry
• Leadership experience directly managing 3 - 5 employees
• CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CPA in process, and/or an active CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
• The experience that has prepared you to report to and support a mentoring Senior Director of Finance
Galileo Search, LLC is conducting a greater Atlanta based search for a Director of Finance / Assistant Controller that meets the qualifications highlighted below.
• Manages accounting functions including cash balancing, general ledger account reconciliations, and monthly close
• Will manage a staff of four; Sr. Staff Accountant, Staff Accountant, Claims Payment Coordinator, Accounting Clerk - Finance Department consists of 14 total employees
• Leads financial reporting functions, including monthly budget and forecast, cash flow, investment, and premium reports for internal and external purposes
• Manages accounts payable / accounts receivable, including premium billing and reinsurance billing
• Manages the claims payment function, including review and approval of all claims payments
• Manages outsourced internal control function and annual internal controls testing engagement
• Manages financial statement audit
• Reviews and prepares tax provision and works with tax consultants on tax strategy and execution
• Backfills the Senior Director of Finance responsibilities as necessary when business demands warrant
• Assists with process improvement strategies for all accounting functions
• Performs special projects on an as-needed basis
• Strong knowledge and understanding of corporate finance, financial statement analysis, key financial metrics, and reporting
• Superb intellectual and quantitative analysis capabilities; extreme attention to detail, excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills - results driven
• Proven administrative and organizational skills
• Highly desired but not required: current experience and knowledge of the financial services industry; insurance, banking, accountancy, investment firms, stock brokerages, consumer-finance, credit-card, credit unions
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• Master’s Degree preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.