CT / Radiologic Technologist - Radiology | Acute Care Hospital | Dallas, TX | Local Candidates
Galileo Search is representing an exceptional career opportunity in beautiful Northern Texas. Our client is a state-of-the-art, nonprofit, short term acute care facility focused on providing superior health care services that enhance the quality of life and provide hope for a healthier future for patients and their families.
The facility has a bright, open, inviting, and spacious lobby. The generous, well-appointed patient suites are equipped with flat screen TVs and wireless internet. The facility's upscale cafe offers farm-to-table inspired meals prepared by a Le Cordon Bleu trained chef. All of these amenities are designed to maximize patient comfort, reduce stress, and promote a positive healing experience. The facility itself is situated in an area consistently ranked among the top five high fashion and luxury shopping destinations in the country.
The general area has an excellent cost of living, outstanding schools, and an unparalleled quality of life await you in this amazing location. Enjoy shopping and a wide selection of restaurants, visit the unique attractions and surrounding National Parks, museums and exciting sports events. From community theatre to historic buildings and museums, you’ll find it all.
• Operates radiologic equipment to produce radiographs and CT scans of body for diagnostic purposes
• Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
• Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
• Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions
• Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors
• Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart
• Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Current Radiology License from the state of Texas (ARRT), CPR/Basic Life Support (BLS)
• At least two (2) years of experience as Radiology Technologist in an acute care at hospital setting
• CT experience required
• Excellent people skills and the ability to work well with patients and all staff levels
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.