Director of Surgical Services | The Beautiful & Fantastic Florida Coast
Galileo Search is representing an exceptional full-time career opportunity on the highly desirable Florida Coast. Our client is a state of the art, nonprofit, acute care hospital / trauma center, recognized as a top performer on key quality measures by The Joint Commission.
WORK; In this high-profile role, the Director is Surgical Services / Operating Room will be responsible for maintaining staffing levels, serving as a liaison between the Surgical Services Department and the physicians, and assessing the needs of the OR on a daily basis. The position reports to a highly supportive Vice President of Surgical Services.
LIVE; The world’s most beautiful beach is your back yard; distinctive lifestyles –– mainland and beachside; proactive city and council leaders; the cost of living is lower than the national average; housing costs are also below the national median sale price and most affordable when compared to other parts of Florida; everyday expenses such as utilities tend to be lower; there is no state income tax; there is close proximity to two large cities; there is a constant breeze sweeping in from the sea and even the cooler winter months are typically pleasant when outdoors (50s – mid-90s year round); while they have occurred, due to this areas latitude, hurricanes are rarely considered to be a serious threat; this area is also often ranked in the nation’s top ten places to retire.
PLAY; Beachfront and lakefront activities are plentiful to include; lazy days on the sandy beaches; surfing, salt & freshwater fishing; world-class golfing; motorsports; volleyball; antique markets; casual dining through upscale eateries; nightclubs; boutiques; arts; museums; nature & theme parks.
• Develops the vision and strategy for the department through the formation and implementation of goals and objectives
• Implements policies, procedures, standards and regulations for nursing personnel, patients, medical staff and the general public
• Participates in hospital committees in formulating appropriate policies and interprets these policies to departmental staff
• Sets priorities, develops goals and/or objectives; develops plans and implements actions, directs flow of work and delegates work-flow to appropriate levels of staff
• Effectively plans and organizes work and duties of self and others to achieve desired results and outcomes
• Establishes and implements policies and procedures for the functional operation of the Surgical Services department
• Maintains compliance with all legal requirements of licensure and accreditation, reviewing and acting upon the reports of authorized inspecting agencies and ensuring administrative and corporate policies and decisions are implemented
• Directs the preparation and maintenance of essential departmental reports and makes related presentations
• Follows established standards of practice in providing for the preoperative care of patients and supporting the needs of their families
• Communicates goals and objectives, recognizes contributions, and provides an example for others
• Ensures the efficient, economic and quality performance of assigned departmental areas of responsibility to support quality health care service delivery for children, adolescents and adults
• Active participation and contribution on committees as assigned
• Develops standards and evaluates performance, and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions
• Motivates and inspires employees to accomplish goals and objectives for both their department and the mission statement of the overall hospital
• Collaboratively works with peers and others to set and achieve interdepartmental/organizational goals and resolve barriers to interdepartmental/organizational performance
• Recommends changes in administrative policies to carry out hospital objectives more effectively
• Interprets, supports, and implements organizational decisions, policies, and procedures to staff
• CNOR certification and ACLS preferred
• Active RN licensure in the state of Florida or eligible for reciprocity
• Previous Director level experience in an acute care hospital OR setting – trauma center preferred
• High level of leadership skills necessary to effectively plan, organize, staff, direct and evaluate the healthcare and management activities of assigned areas
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision-making abilities
• Demonstrates a pro-active, results-oriented approach to management
• The ability to scrub or assist as needed desired
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.