Director of Finance / Assistant Controller | CPA or CPA in Process Required | Atlanta, GA
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program
Our client offers employees a unique, performance-based culture where each employee is rewarded commensurate with their individual performance, the performance of their team, and the success of the company overall. They promote a culture of professional collaboration, teamwork, camaraderie, and promotion from within – we are always seeking promotable talent for this particular client.
The ideal candidate will be most at home working in a more formal, highly professional corporate office environment – the organization has a stable of multi-billion-dollar clientele. This position requires an individual with a unique blend of industry specific finance expertise combined with superb communication, people, and presentation skills. The selected individual will be interacting with and presenting to C-Level Executives, Board Members, Select Committees, and related Stakeholders.
• Manages accounting functions, including cash balancing, general ledger account reconciliations, and monthly close
• Leads financial reporting functions, including monthly budget and forecast, cash flow, investment, and premium reports for internal and external purposes
• Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable, including premium billing and reinsurance billing
• Manages the claims payment function, including review and approval of all claims payments
• Manages outsourced internal control function and annual internal controls testing engagement
• Manages financial statement audit
• Reviews and prepares tax provision and works with tax consultants on tax strategy and execution
• Backfills the Sr. Director of Finance responsibilities as necessary when business demands warrant
• Assists with process improvement strategies for all accounting functions
• Performs special projects on an as needed basis
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Designation as a CPA or working toward CPA path required
• 5-7 years’ current work experience in accounting or finance required
• Previous supervisory / managerial experience required
• Current experience and knowledge of financial services industry (insurance, banking, accountancy, investment firms, stock brokerages, consumer-finance, credit-card, credit unions)
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.