Director of Risk Management | Part-Time | Greater New York City Area
Our client is a non-profit, award winning, short term acute care, teaching hospital academically affiliated with some of the most prestigious healthcare organizations in the country. They believe in focusing on providing high quality care with kindness and respect. The staff says that it’s a great place to work and the management team provides a very supportive environment and encourages continuing education.
This area is known for its stunning architecture, local access to the arts, a vibrant music scene, exceptional restaurants, and outstanding shopping. A chance to grow your career and expand your interests!
• Analyze all incident reports to identify possible reportable events, potentially compensable events and unusual or developing trends
• Prepare various incident summary reports for hospital leadership
• Provide all required documentation for investigations, activities and resolutions related to the reported incident
• Maintain incident reports archive
• Investigate and track clinical risk issues as may be identified and reported by other departments
• Assess needs for focused review by departments, quality of care reviews and peer reviews
• Coordinate Comprehensive Systems Analyses (Root Cause Analyses) for adverse events with Chief Medical and Nursing Officers and with relevant and appropriate clinical and administrative staff and to develop appropriate corrective action
• Attends and participates in meetings of various hospital committees: Quality Management and Patient Safety, Environment of Care, Ethics, Forms, Claims and O.R.
• RN required
• CPHRM highly preferred
• Minimum 10 years of progressive leadership experience in hospital risk/quality management /administration required
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Your information will not be shared with any third party without your permission.
We look forward to hearing from you!