Interim Infection Prevention & Control Specialist | Subject Matter Expert | Greater Chicago Area
Galileo Search, LLC is representing a high-profile interim assignment that will support accreditation and certification operations for our client organization. The Interim Infection Prevention & Control Specialist supports the corporate-wide need for knowledge and expertise in infection prevention and control through collaboration and interactions with key divisions and external stakeholders. This includes providing education, interpretation of infection prevention and control standards and regulations for staff and clients while serving as the subject matter expert in matters related to infection prevention and control. The selected specialist will also lead and coordinate projects and special initiatives as needed during the assignment.
• Serving as the subject matter expert for infection prevention and control initiatives
• Providing guidance and expert interpretation of Joint Commission infection prevention and control standards and Medicare requirements, professional standards of practice, and related law
• Working collaboratively while conducting reviews to ensure the infection prevention and control issues are appropriately identified and addressed
• Participating on conference calls and in expert panels
• Assessing the level of risk associated with infection control issues identified in healthcare organizations, and development of IC related measures, etc.
• Reviewing standards and EPs/NPSGs related to infection control issues and assisting in the development of new requirements
• Analyzing and interpreting governmental and agency reports
• Participating in the enhancement or modifications of existing survey process/methods to evaluate the standards or NPSGs related to infection control
• Participating in the analysis of infection control related allegations against accredited organizations, known patient incidents or sets of incidents, sentinel events, written organization responses and root cause analyses
• Reviewing manuscripts and other infection control related documents for content including research proposals, leading practices library submissions, etc.
• Providing expertise and support in infection prevention and control organization-wide as needed
• Active RN licensure required
• Certified in Infection Control (CIC)
• 5 - 7 years recent experience as a practicing infection Preventionist in an acute care hospital setting
• Proven analytical, presentation, and teaching skills with demonstrated knowledge and application of adult learning theory
• Managerial / leadership experience highly preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional customer relationship management and customer service skills
• Computer literacy including word processing, presentation software and databases
• Ability to function well in a fast-paced, highly visible and challenging environment
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for housing of your choice and incidentals expenses
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.