System Director, Health Information Management (HIM) – Southeastern, U.S.
Looking for a unique professional atmosphere where you can truly work at the strategic level to bring about change?
Are you ready to explore your first or next system-level leadership career opportunity?
• Newly created position
• Southeastern U.S. Location - great moderate climate year round
• Support from C-Suite Down
• Competitive Compensation
• Excellent Benefits Plan
• Comprehensive Relocation Package
• Temporary Housing Package While You Locate Your Ideal New Home
This is a high-profile role charged with ensuring the accurate collection, coding, and privacy of health information throughout the organization. The System Director will work in conjunction with other departments within the organization in all matters related to health records and data while assisting Senior Administration and the Medical Staff in reaching operational excellence and key objectives. Staff of 54 employees includes two seasoned and supportive Managers. This high-profile position will report to the Vice President of Revenue Cycle.
OUTSTANDING CAREER OPPORTUNITY FOR A HIGH ENERGY, LEADERSHIP ORIENTED HIM DIRECTOR THAT’S READY TO BROADEN THEIR SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY.
• Master's degree preferred but not required
• 5+ years of experience in a Health Information Department with a minimum of 3+ years current managerial experience, ideally in an integrated acute care health system
• Knowledge of CMS Medicare/Medicaid regulations and The Joint Commission (TJC) standards specific to Health Information Management as related to HIM & coding
• Knowledge of HIPAA and best compliance practices/program
• Extensive knowledge, implementation, and operational experience of electronic medical records applications, automated coding assistance and decision support tools, clinical documentation improvement tracking tools, abstract and billing tools and requirements, transcription systems, medical record scanning system, release of information tracking systems, and other HIM associated computer applications
• Expert knowledge/experience in directing all aspects of a Clinical Documentation Improvement Solution
• Experience making the connection between CDI and Quality and system-wide standardization
• •Ability to assess and identify potential health system opportunities regarding contractual and best practice CDI metrics
• Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred
• Healthcare Privacy and Security certification (CHPS, CHPC, CIPP) or Healthcare Coding Certification (CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CEMC) a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Your information will not be shared with any third party without your permission.
We look forward to hearing from you!