Clinical Risk Management Specialist | RN or PA | New York City
Ready to make your move from a clinical to a corporate office work environment?
Competitive Compensation | World-Class Benefits | Professional Development & Career Growth Opportunity
Our client offers employees a unique, performance based culture where each employee is rewarded commensurate with their individual performance, the performance of their team, and the success of the company overall. They promote a culture of professional collaboration, teamwork, camaraderie, and promotion from within.
Position Responsibilities Include:
• Review and analyze claims data to support patient safety initiatives; enter relevant information into patient safety data collection system following case review manual guidance and business rules
• Collaborate with patient safety and loss prevention team to develop and refine data collection activities, including the identification of additional data elements for review
• Conduct focused reviews to provide institutions and initiatives with information pertaining to actionable themes, common trends, etc.
• Report potential risk trends and patient safety opportunities identified from new claims analysis
• Provide ongoing monitoring and updating of open professional liability cases to accurately reflect all available information at the time of review
• Meet with assigned institutional Director on an ongoing basis to inform them of potential institutional risks. Share information identified through new and ongoing case reviews
• Work with Associate Director and Data Manager to identify risk and improvement opportunities and assemble relevant information in support of clinical initiative
• Review new cases on a monthly basis
• Re-review cases based on established triggers
• Support business operations improvement efforts through defined data quality control mechanisms
• Additional duties and special projects as assigned
• Registered Nurse (RN), Physician Assistant(PA), other licensed clinical care provider
• Five or more years of nursing or clinical experience
• Ideally three or more years of performance improvement, quality or healthcare risk management experience
• Clinical chart review and chart abstraction experience
• Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
• Proven analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Enjoy working both independently and collaboratively
• Professional with a high degree of integrity
About Galileo Search:
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Your information will not be shared with any third party without your permission.
We look forward to hearing from you!