System Director of Infection Prevention | System-Level | Teaching / Academic Health System | Southeastern, US
The location combines it all to include drivable access to nearby cities, beaches and mountains. The area boasts a great cost of living and affordable housing, both in the city and in the suburbs.
• Reports to a dynamic and supportive Associate Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
• Oversees 2 acute care facilities to include a large, thriving clinic network
• Directs and mentors a staff of 8 Infection Preventionists
• Provides leadership and support to the facilities to ensure the best outcomes, highest quality, and compassionate patient care
• Supports leadership and staff (strategically and tactically) in system-wide / proactive program initiatives
• Develops and maintains a centralized / standardized Infection Prevention program across the hospital and clinic systems
• Provides oversight and guidance in the system-wide practices for sterilization, sanitation, and disinfection
• Partners with medical staff and other health care professionals collaboratively to support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
• Master's degree required
• Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC)
• Knowledge of epidemiological principles and infectious disease as applied to infection prevention and control
• Minimum 5 years of directly related infection prevention leadership experience in an acute care hospital multi-site / system environment
• Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with staff at all levels
• Strong familiarity with regulatory and accreditation requirements (TJC, CMS)
• Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, evaluating programs, and implementing solutions
• Proven budgetary / fiscal management experience
• Computer literacy
• Proven skills in mentoring and staff development
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Your information will not be shared with any third party without your permission.
We look forward to hearing from you!